Tuesday, July 26, 2011

incompleteness

speaking as a part-time poetry lover,
I experienced beauty while watching this video.
the music, the words and the visual...they blend so well
highlighting one's yearning to find the missing part of him/her.




I want,
A gentle touch without guilt,
A soothing voice in my ears,

A sweet medicine of laughter,
A soft pressure on my shoulder,
The coolness of my eyes,
A blessing from above,
A pair of wings like a dove,

I want,
The other half of me.

-the writer-

"And among His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy.
Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought."

(al-Quran,ar-Ruum, 21)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was reading this article yesterday
and I like what she wrote towards the end of the article -
those who build (and enhance too... I believe) the fardhu muslim qualities in themselves,
insha-Allah, Allah s.w.t. will grant them with baitul muslim.



speaking of finding the other half,
it is actually more about finding oneself.
the other half will eventually turn up (iA).
isn't one's other half is a part of one? :)

No comments: