Friday, July 1, 2011

bicara tentang cinta




Love is a many splendored thing.

When it comes to love...
Who do you first think of?

Who should I give my love to?
Whenever I'm asked to think about love
I realize: Oh no! It's not my turf!

When you love someone, you treat the person like king
But hold on a second, who created everything?

Your perfect date; He's a marvel.
And you forget that the third person is the devil.

You think you found someone you're attracted to
And immediately he means the world to you.

So is this what true love really is?
To be in close proximity without any boundaries?

"I miss you."
"I miss you too."
Even more than the One who created you?

Or will I be thinking about you?
At every ungodly hour
Even at 2.

So whom should I give my love to?
You, you, you or to you?

When things don't go the way you want,
You separate from him, whom you used to think is 'The One'.

What then is left of you, modesty you used to vouch?
What then have you reserved for your true zauj?

This temporal world is just a fleeting pleasure.
And often we struggle in our ibadah, only thinking of leisure.
Good deeds and being righteous might be difficult to measure.
But for akhirah, this is all a treasure.

So ignore the whispers that define you existence as only for show.
You are worth so much more, that you must know.
You strive to seek His pleasure in every action,
consciously shunning sin.
Because you know, you are now visibly an ambassador of your deen.

So sisters, have courage and take the first step.
Don the hijab even when people tell you "OMG you must be mad!"
They want you to integrate, they want you to be less strict
but compared to your Creator and His Messenger
should their words even constrict?

Whether it's loving myself or loving another
To even love in the first place, is willed by Him and no other

La ilaha illallah Muhammadur rasulullah
each time we say it, each time we hear it, we are in awe

Oh Allah, let my love for you transcends everything else.
Oh Allah, please let it be that way..even till my very last breath.

So now what is love to you?

---------------------------------------------------------

I still remember the words of a senior to the female juniors when I was a freshie in an islamic secondary school, the message was the same.

"Cinta itu umpama air yang suci. Bersih dan kotornya air itu adalah bergantung kepada bekas air itu dituang" - source


NOTE
the video is a personal favourite
the message is well said
posted this for the purpose of keeping
and sharing as well :)

No comments: