Tuesday, November 13, 2012

book fair

Took my two sweet little nieces to Popular book fair...


Bought a book for each of them. Sorry morry lah yo auntie no loaded~

After lepak-ing at the book fair, since they still wanna walk around, I suggested going to the first floor and they themselves decided to masuk bookstore :D They wanted to go read for free at the children's reading area and so I too go around checking out books. And a magazine... A Gen-Q to be precise and found some interesting things in the previous month's issue :D  -

This was Zaid's (am not sure which Zaid, but he's a sahabah) answer when Rasulullah asked him
"Bagaimana keadaanmu hari ini?". Much like tanya khabar right, and masha-Allah his answer~







 The two little girls approached me and complained about how bored they got after browsing for some books to read at the kids' section. There were some tafsir on the nearby shelf. While roaming around me, checking out some books, I bet the tafsir caught the 9-yo's attention and so she reached for one and started flipping through the pages. She then got excited upon finding lines that are familiar like those of al-Fajr and some other chapters in juz amma. She started reading some and she seemed to enjoy it. Then she told me how she find that small tafsir very portable and that she could bring it here and there.

She said she wants one. Masha-Allah.

Since there were not much choices there and I believe it's better for her to get the one slightly bigger (so that the letters are clearer for her to identify) which has the cover with zip for extra protection, I promised to take her to another bookstore which I'm pretty sure would sell that kind of tafsir. And so we went there and she got herself a RM38 tafsir. She didn't have enough money though. Both of them has 20 something and finally her sister 'donated' RM10 so that she could get her tafsir. Her purse was totally cleared...

"Mahalnya, duit kakak dah habis terus. Tapi tak pa lah, dapat al-Quran."

-----------------------------------

On our way back we passed by a destroyed forest at which there are lots of homeless monkeys. The kids were chatting about the monkeys and I am not sure why but my 9-yo Aina said

"Diorang pun macam kita jugak, Allah yang beri diorang nyawa untuk hidup."

Reminds me of 6:38

"And there is no creature on [or within] the earth or bird that flies with its wings except [that they are] communities like you."

-----------------------------------

At home, near Maghrib, Aina came to me with her newly bought tafsir. She asked if i could listen to her reading Quran and when would be the right time to read. I just told her after Maghrib would be nice.

And so she came to pray Maghrib at my room then after the prayer she brought the tafsir and read it with me checking. She read asy-Syams and al-Lail. When she finished al-Lail, I decided to tadabbur it with her. So we went through the translation and masha-Allah she seemed to enjoy doing so!
----------------------------------

And last night, I was doing my work in front of the big black box (tv). Bini-bini perkasa was on the tv because Aina wanted to watch it. I think after a while she got bored. Didn't hear her voice for quite some time so I decided to turn around...

She's checking out her new tafsir, not sure what she's reading but she's reading it. Masha-Allah.


How pure these children are.
My heart just melt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kids. Pure heart. :')