Wednesday, April 27, 2011

If you believe in Jesus, you would believe in Muhammad

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

The title sounds heavy right~

This video was posted on FB by a friend of mine, Rabihah and I feel the need to share it.

Watch this and read this post with an open mind and an open heart =)




I adore they way Dr. Zakir Naik explained his argument clearly and how he strengthen them with evidence not just from al-Quran, but from the Bible itself too. It made me wonder if someone actually approached me and ask the same question, I might not be able to give a good answer. Oh there are so much more that I've to learn~

I'm not good at summarizing but basically the argument revolves around Jesus being the son of God and why in Islam, he is not.

So, is Jesus a son of God?
Well that would depend on how you define the phrase 'son of God'. If you define it as a person who follows all the commandments of God, then Adam, Ibrahim and all the messengers of God would be sons of God either and all of us who follows God's commandments would be the children of God. However, in Islam, Adam, Jesus, Ibrahim, Noah (peace be upon them) are referred to as the messengers of God and basically all of us are God's servants. Besides, in al-Quran, Allah never refer to Himself as 'father', instead he uses 'Rabb'. People might have confused with some sentences in the Bible, al-Quran has all the answers.

Jesus is the begotten son of God?
In the New Revised Standard Version of Bible, the word 'begotten' is eliminated. Reason - it does not exist in the original text. Adding to that, al-Quran has clearly explained this in Surah Al-Ikhlas. "Say, He is Allah, the One and Only. Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born. Nor is there to Him any equivalent" (112: 1-4).

Jesus's mother, Mary is a virgin. Jesus has no father. Does that makes him the son of God?
Allah is the creator of the universe and all of the contents. Say, [O Muhammad], "Travel through the land and observe how He began creation. Then Allah will produce the final creation. Indeed Allah , over all things, is competent." (29:20). So Mary, a virgin and untouched, gave birth to Jesus, the messenger of God. Why is that impossible? There is no limitation to God's power. Besides, lets consider Adam, he does not have a father or a mother. If you say Jesus is a son of God because he only has a mother then Adam, no father, no mother, would be the greater son of God. Well of course, that's not how it is in Islam. Again, al-Quran explains it all. Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was (3:59).

So Jesus is not son of God and he is not God?
If the phrase 'son of God' means a pious man, then he is. To make things simple, Jesus is a messenger of God and he never claim himself as God. Not once.
And [make him] a messenger to the Children of Israel, [who will say], 'Indeed I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I design for you from clay [that which is] like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by permission of Allah . And I cure the blind and the leper, and I give life to the dead - by permission of Allah . And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Indeed in that is a sign for you, if you are believers. And [I have come] confirming what was before me of the Torah and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. And I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear Allah and obey me. Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is the right path" (3:49-51).

Muslims believe in Jesus too?
Yes, we do. We love Jesus too and we follow his teachings as well. For example, circumcision and the fact that we are not supposed to have pork & alcohol. Majority of Muslims are circumcised, not the Christians. Muslims do not eat pork but most Christians do. Muslim do not have alcohol but again, most Christians do. In a way, it seems like Muslims are more Christian than most of the Christians.

Why do I say "If you believe in Jesus, you would believe in Muhammad"?
Because Jesus (pbuh) has mentioned in the Bible that there is another prophet coming after him. Jesus (pbuh) is a messenger of Allah. Muhammad (pbuh) too.

I am just 20 and I write based on my level of understanding of this deen. I admit, there is still a lot for me to learn. One thing that is certain - Islam is true. And it is such a beautiful deen. And the sweetness of faith...is indescribable =) And for those who disagree, it's okay. There is no force on anyone to embrace Islam. "For you is your religion and for me is my religion" (109:6). Besides, only Allah has the power to give hidayah - Indeed, [O Muhammad], you do not have the power to give hidayah to (enlighten the heart of) whom you like, but Allah gives hidayah (guides) whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided (28:56).

May Allah bless you.



No comments: