Friday, February 11, 2011

Marinated Flank Steak...macam sedap!

Masa kecik2 dulu kalau gi punggah almari and kantoi dengan kakak mesti kakak kasi ayat nie "Haa....what are you doing??", and I would answer confidently (siap grinning lagi) "I'm doing nothing!". Haha Grammatically wrong and kakak would always always correct me.

Okay, enough of Hari Ini Dalam Sejarah. Alkisahnya, these days I'm basically doing nothing =D So today Cikgu suruh belajar masak (T_T). Dan memandangkan I masih amatur dalam bidang masakan compared to Cikgu, I can start with masakan yang guna bahan sikit sikit saja. So, tadi I tanya Chef Google, ada tak recipe 5-ingredient je. Chef Google pun suruh I tengok rachealraymag.com dan I jumpa la several recipes yang I rasa I nak try (bila nak try tue....I tak pasti..heee~). As mentioned above, yea above, pi scroll sampai kat atas tue, this is the external hard disk for my brain. So, di malam yang indah ini, I nak save beberapa recipe =)

One of them is the Marinated Flank Steak!

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup bottled teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 pounds flank steak
  • 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard

Directions:

  1. In a baking dish, combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Make 1/4-inch-deep cuts about 1/2 inch apart on both sides of the steak, cutting diagonally across the grain. Rub both sides with the mustard and place the steak in the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 3 hours, turning occasionally. Preheat the broiler and line a shallow pan with foil. Broil for 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, basting once on each side with remaining marinade. Let rest before slicing across the grain.


No comments: