Friday, October 15, 2010

Reflection

Mama had always said,
"This girl (referring to me) really can't be forced to do what she doesn't want to do".

"It may be you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows while you know not" (Al - Baqarah 2:216)

I reflected upon that verse a number of times.
I read it once then I read it twice and I read it again.
Perhaps I was afraid to do what I disliked for I'm afraid...
that it'd be hard...and I might screw up...
and I'll end up in despair.

I guess I forgot these verses in the holy al-Quran....

"And never give up hope of Allah's mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's mercy, except the people who disbelieve" (Yusuf 12:87)

"Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us" (At-Taubah 9:40).

When I was being tested with hardship I never could imagine...
(well i wish i handled things differently
)
I survived the pain...
When another hardship came, history just repeats itself.

I guess I forgot...again
Allah does not place a burden more than one can bear
and I believe I should have remembered Him.

"Therefore remember Me and I will remember you..." (2:152).

"O' you who believe! Seek help in patience and the prayer" (2:153).

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest" (13:28).

"Invoke Me (ask me for anything) I will respond to your invocation" (40:60).

There's always light at the end of every tunnel.
"Allah will grant, after hardship, ease" (65:7)
Hardships benefit the believer. The best thing to do is to be patient while going through it (usaha) and remember Allah (doa & tawakkal).

'Aishah (RA) narrated that once some pain afflicted the Prophet (SAW) causing him to suffer and turn about in his bed. she said: "Had one of us done this, you would have blamed him." He (SAW) replied: " An ailment is intensified for the righteous. whenever a believer is afflicted by a hardship, whether it is a thorn or more, a sin is taken off from him because of it, and he is elevated by one rank (in Jannah). " [Ahmad]

and then I ask myself..
what have I done before in times of sorrow?

why search for a wrong shoulder to cry on
while there's sejadah to sujud on to Allah and cry
why ponder upon all the "If and only if...."s
while you could've prayed and seek help from Allah
why sing sad songs when having a bad day
while there's al-Quran to read which could bring peace to the heart
why try so hard to find short-lasting happiness
while patience would lead to the eternal one

Now I know why old people often say "I wish I could tell myself 20 years ago the things that I know now. I would've avoid that mistake".

I thought of all these, I thought of giving a change a chance and I thought if I write it in this external hard disk for my brain, I can read it again when I forgot.I found this one particular sentence from a post in a forum and I guess I can end my post with it =) :
“When light engages the heart, It causes an illumination of the path, A purification of the consciousness, An enlightenment of the intellect and an establishment of the foundations of Dhikr and Shukr and of beautiful worship..."

No comments: